Scholarships for the 17th World Congress of Anaesthesiologists 2021, 1-5 September 2021 are now open for applications.
WFSA is excited to announce the opportunity for anaesthesiologists from low and middle income countries to apply for scholarships to attend the 17th World Congress of Anaesthesiologists (WCA), 1 – 5 September 2021. This will be the first virtual WCA and the scholarship will provide access to the digital platform and all content.
Although our backgrounds and resources may be very different, we all face similar problems and challenges in providing the very best care to our patients. WCA is the preeminent anaesthesia congress and only takes place every four years. This year, for the first time, the congress will be held completely online, meaning scholars will be able to access the content from their home or place of work. Despite not being in person, this year’s congress will remain a beacon of first rate, global excellence in clinical content and networking, and we will be able to reach more scholars than ever before.
- Applicants must be anaesthesiologists working in low or middle income countries.
- The application must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from the applicant’s national society which must be a WFSA Member Society (applicants from countries where no national anaesthesia society exists may also apply).
- Preference will be given to applicants who present an abstract or poster during the conference.
- Preference will also be given to applicants who have completed training within the last 10 years and are working in teaching hospitals.
The scholarship will cover:
- All online scientific programmes
- Industry-sponsored sessions
- Abstracts and bbstract presentations
- Exhibition hub
- CME credits
- Networking with all delegates and participants
- Free access to all congress resources until December 2021.
- Check here to see if you are already eligible for free registration to WCA2021.
- Apply online here for the WCA 2021 scholarship
- Application deadline: Monday, 14 June 2021 – 23:59 CET
- Successful applicants will be informed before 30th June.
- Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the scholarship within 7 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being offered to the next applicant.
Application documents required
- A CV
- Letter of recommendation from your national anaesthesia society
- Evidence of current workplace / hospital / health facility
- The scholar is required to submit a report, no later than one month after the conference. A template for the report will be shared with all successful applicants.