Pursuant to Articles 6 and 10 of the Act of Social Organisations and Citizen Associations (Official Gazette of SFRY No. 42/90), continuing its work as legal successors of the Association of Anaesthesiologists of Serbia and Montenegro, members of the Association from the Republic of Serbia, by declaring themselves individually, on March 2, 2007 passed the following
OF THE ASSOCIATION OF ANAESTHESIOLOGISTS AND INTENSIVISTS OF SERBIA
I GENERAL PROVISIONS
The Association of Anaesthesiologists and Intensivists of Serbia is a professional, non-profit making association of all anaesthesiologists and intensive care physicians in the territory of the Republic of Serbia established for the purposes of achieving common objectives determined by the Statute.
Name of the association is: Association of Anaesthesiologists and Intensivists of Serbia.
Abbreviated name is: Association of Anaesthesiologists and Intensivists of Serbia.
Seat of the Association is determined by the President.
The Operational Board of the Association may decide on establishing Committees of the Association according to a territorial principle. The Committees established according to the territorial principle shall make Rules about their operation in conformance with the Statute.
The Association has the capacity of a legal entity with its rights, obligations and liabilities stipulated by the Law and the Statute. The Association is represented and acted on behalf of by the President of the Association.
The Association has its logo and seal.
The seal is of an oval shape having the diameter of 4 cm in length and 3 cm in height.
In the middle of the seal there is a stylized leaf of Atropa Belladona plant around which, on the circumference, is the following inscription: Association of Anaesthesiologists and Intensivists of Serbia.
The Association also has a stamp. The form and contents of the stamp particulars are determined by the Operational Board.
The Association has accounts with business banks in compliance with statutory provisions.
The Association is represented in the European Society of Anaesthesiologists (ESA), European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) and Foundation for European Education in Anaesthesiology (FEEA).
II OBJECTIVES OF ASSOCIATING AND METHOD OF THEIR REALISATION
The Association has been established and shall continue to operate with the objective for the Association members to:
- contribute to the upgrading of work conditions and further development of this branch of medicine through scientific and theoretical processing of achieved results and application of such achievements in practice;
- organise and carry out medical research;
- participate in international and domestic professional and scientific projects;
- participate in upgrading the level of professional knowledge of anaesthesiologists.
For the purpose of achieving its objectives, the Association carries out the following activities:
- organises professional meetings;
- organises national symposiums and conferences;
- organises symposiums and courses in cooperation with the European and domestic centres for continuous medical education;
- cooperates with other associations and societies of doctors and anaesthesiologists in Serbia and abroad;
- publishes the journal “Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Therapy”;
- awards honorary award “Sever Kovacevic Gold and Silver Medal” for life achievements to senior and for scientific work to young anaesthesiologists;
- performs other activities aimed at the enhancement of work quality of anaesthesiologists and intensivists and protection of their interests;
- sets standards covering the knowledge and work of anaesthesiologists.
For the realisation of activities stipulated hereby, a Work Program is made whereby time, place and agents to carry out the activities are envisaged.
A physician performing his/her work in the territory of the Republic of Serbia and upholding the Statute of the Association shall become a member of the Association upon receiving the Resolution of Specialisation.
Members of the Association shall have a membership card proving their membership in the Association.
The form and contents of particulars in the membership card are determined by the Operational Board.
Members of the Association have right, obligation and responsibility to:
- actively participate in the work of the Association;
- elect and be elected in the Association bodies;
- participate in work and decision-making in the Association bodies to which they were elected;
- participate in the implementation of the Association Program;
- be informed about the Association’s work and financial operations;
- safeguard and enhance the reputation of the Association.
Membership in the Association ceases by:
- death of the Association member;
- termination of operation of the Association.
A member of the Association may declare at any time that he/she terminates the membership in the Association. The Operational Board may make a decision to exclude a member from the Association if the member:
- damages the work and reputation of the Association by his/her work and behaviour;
- violates the provisions of the Association Statute.
The Association also has honorary members. Decision about proclamation of an honorary member is made by the Operational Board of the Association. Honorary members are issued special merit awards.
IV TRANSPARENCY OF OPERATION
Operation of the Association is public.
The transparency of operation is ensured by:
- providing information to the members about the operation of the Association via reports and in other suitable ways;
- holding meetings of the Assembly, Operational Board and Supervisory Board which are open to general public;
- delivering information about the operation of the Association bodies and their task forces by way of reports, information, bulletins and public media.
The Association publishes the journal “Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Therapy”, in compliance with the Law applicable to publishing activity.
On the basis of decisions made by the Association’s Operational Board, in compliance with the Law, the Association may issue also other ad hoc publications for the purpose of affirming its work and ensuring that the work of the Association is open to public.
V ASSOCIATION BODIES
Bodies of the Association are:
- Operational Board;
- Supervisory Board;
- President of the Association.
The bodies set forth in para. 1 of this Article may organise specific task forces to carry out preparations for resolving certain matters within the domain of their decision-making.
The Association Assembly is the highest body of the Association.
The Assembly is made of delegated members – Assembly delegates. The Assembly delegates are elected according to a regional principle in the entire territory of Serbia where every ten anaesthesiologists delegate one assembly delegate.
The number of Assembly delegates varies depending on the number of anaesthesiologists in Serbia and the Operational Board is obligated to establish the exact number of delegates for each electoral Assembly.
The term of office of an Assembly delegate lasts four years with an option for re-election. Assembly delegate is elected at least two months prior to the electoral Assembly of the Association and the Operational Board notified thereof accordingly.
Assembly meetings are held once a year and more often, if required.
The Assembly is convened by the President of the Association at his/her own accord or upon a motion of the Operational Board, Supervisory Board, or at least 50 members of the Association at the latest one month from the submitted motion.
Electoral Assembly is convened by the President of the Association at the latest one month prior to expiration of the term of office of the members of the previous mandate Operational Board.
The Association Assembly:
- elects members to the Operational Board of the Association;
- elects members to the Supervisory Board;
- reviews and adopts reports about the operation of the Association bodies;
- enacts the Rules of Procedure covering its work;
- carries out other jobs entrusted to the Assembly by the Statute in compliance with the Law.
The Assembly validly works if a majority of the total number of the Assembly members is present.
If a meeting is attended by less that a half of the total number of delegates, beginning of the meeting will be postponed by one hour and, thereafter, the Assembly will commence to work and make decisions with the present number of members providing which may not be less than 30.
Decisions are made by the majority of votes of the present members by open ballot unless the Assembly decides otherwise.
Provisions in more detail about the method of work of the Assembly will be stipulated by the Rules of Procedure.
The Operational Board is the management body of the Association.
The Operational Board is composed of eleven members.
The Operational Board may also co-opt two new members.
The term of office of the Operational Board members lasts four years with a right to re-election.
The term of office of a member of the Operational Board terminates by: the elapse of a period to which he/she was elected, resignation, or removal.
A member of the Operational Board may submit his/her resignation at any time without stating reasons.
A member of the Operational Board may be removed on account of his/her inactivity or any other justifiable reason. Decision about the removal is made by the members of the Operational Board at the motion of the President.
The Operational Board may co-opt a new member in case a member of the Operational Board has resigned. The term of office of such member of the Operational Board shall last until such time to which the member who has resigned was elected.
Termination of membership in the Operational Board and the mandate of the co-opted member are confirmed by the Assembly in its first next meeting.
The Operational Board elects the President and Vice-President among its ranks.
The Operational Board appoints a secretary of the Association who carries out and organizes the performance of administrative work of the Association in compliance with the decisions of the Operational Board. The secretary needs not be a member of the Association’s Operational Board.
The Operational Board performs the following:
- executes the decisions, conclusions and recommendations of the Assembly;
- proposes the enactment and amendments of the Statute,
- monitors the work of other bodies of the Association and gives proposals for the upgrading of work;
- motions the Assembly to pass resolutions;
- makes decisions significant for the operation of the Association;
- draws up a proposed list of honorary members of the Association;
- appoints representatives of the Association in the European institutions;
- designates the editorial board of the journal;
- designates a committee for awards and acknowledgements;
- reviews reports and information submitted by task forces;
- prepares financial plans and annual financial statements;
- makes decisions on the Association’s awards and acknowledgments;
- decides about becoming a member of federations or other forms of association;
- carries out other jobs in compliance with the Statute.
The Association’s representatives in the European institutions, editor in chief of the journal and members of the awards and acknowledgements committee need not be the members of the Operational Board, however, upon invitation, they have to attend meetings of the Operational Board.
Meetings of the Operational Board are held as required and at least four times a year.
The meetings are convened by the President and, in case of his/her absence, by the Vice-President.
The President is obligated to convene a meeting upon the request of minimum five members of the Operational Board.
The Operational Board validly makes decisions if a meeting is attended by the majority of its members.
Decisions are made by majority votes of the present members.
The Supervisory Board has three members appointed by the Assembly.
Members of the Supervisory Board elect the President in the first meeting following the Electoral Assembly convened by the eldest member of the Supervisory Board.
President of the Board convenes meetings as required and in the least once a year and manages operation of the Board.
The Supervisory Board supervises the legality of financial operation of the Association and the use and disposing of the Association’s funds.
The Supervisory Board notifies the Operational Board and the Association Assembly about observed occurrences and gives proposals for adequate actions.
PRESIDENT OF THE ASSOCIATION
President of the Association is a managing body of the Association.
President of the Association is elected by the members of the Operational Board in the first meeting of the Operational Board convened by the eldest member of the Operational Board.
President of the Association is by virtue of his/her function the President of the Operational Board.
Term of office of the President lasts four years.
President of the Association:
- is a responsible person of the Association;
- implements the decisions of the Assembly and the Operational Board;
- moves resolutions to be passed by the Assembly and the Operational Board;
- acts on behalf of and represents the Association towards third persons;
- decides on employment of persons with whom the Association concludes employment contracts and executes such contracts;
- makes decisions on job classification of operational/technical services;
- signs financial documents of the Association;
- performs also other jobs in compliance with the Statute and laws;
- effects cooperation with cognate associations in the country and abroad.
President of the Association may be removed by a resolution of the Assembly in case he/she acts contrary to the Statute of the Association.
The President may at any time submit a resignation without stating reasons thereof.
The Operational Board appoints a new President from its ranks who convenes a meeting of the Association’s Assembly to verify the mandate.
The newly appointed President has all rights and obligations of the President until the Assembly passes a resolution about the election of a next President.
Term of office of the newly appointed President lasts until the end of the term to which the President who has resigned was elected.
VI ASSOCIATION ASSETS
For the realisation of its objectives, the Association acquires required funds in compliance with the Law, by way of:
- voluntary financial contributions by its members;
- contracts and other legal transactions;
- grants and contributions by natural persons and legal entities;
- publishing and sale of occasional publications:
- other sources.
The Association may acquire movable and immovable property.
For each calendar year, the Association’s funds are earmarked and allocated according to purpose and amount by a financial plan and final financial statements.
Decisions for the execution of the financial plan are made by the Operational Board.
Method of collection and utilisation of funds for financing special conventions and manifestations is defined by a special decision of the Operational Board.
VII STATUTE AMENDMENT METHOD
Amendment of the Statute may be initiated by the Operational Board, Supervisory Board or minimum fifty members of the Association.
Amendments of the Statute, according to a draft stipulated by the Operational Board, are enacted by the members of the Assembly by direct voting.
VIII DISSOLUTION OF THE ASSOCIATION
The Association terminates its operation by way of a resolution passed in the meeting of the Association Assembly.
In case a resolution is passed about the termination of operation, the Association Assembly shall pass a resolution for cash assets and other entire assets of the Association to be vested in the Serbian Medical Society.
IX TRANSITIONAL AND FINAL PROVISIONS
This Statute shall enter into force on the date of enacting and shall be applicable from the eight day of its enactment.
In Belgrade, on 2nd February 2007
P R E S I D E N T