The ESA Trainee Network (ESA TN) has been created by the Trainee Representatives, the NASC and the ESA Academy to be the point of contact for all European anaesthesiology trainees.
To be effective and on target, the ESA needs to broaden its contact with European trainees and to hear from them what are their needs, what they are looking for in ESA programmes, what to improve and what to develop.
The aim of the ESA TN is to:
• Identify the expectations of the European Anaesthesiology Trainees
• Communicate these needs to the ESA and the European Board of Anaesthesiology (EBA), our section within the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS)
• Initiate the implementation of changes necessary to answer Trainees’ expectations
• Increase Trainees’ awareness of European standards and professional requirements
• Inform about the European training curriculum and common training frameworks
The ESA Trainee Survey was created as a first step to collect feedback from the Trainees. The questionnaire addresses 7 different areas: Autonomy Transition, Technical Skills, Exchange Programmes, Costs of the postgraduate Training, Work Load of our Doctors in Training, Employment Prospects and Educational contents/European Diploma in Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care (EDAIC). The preliminary results of the first 426 replies confirm that a wide variety of requests and concerns need to be addressed.
The survey will close on 10th of August 2015. To obtain the widest possible feedback we once again invite all ESA Trainee members and National Societies to circulate this survey amongst all European trainees:
Please motivate as many individuals as possible to answer this survey, if they have not done so already.We look forward to your continuing support of this project.
Diogo Sobreira Fernandes Michela Rauseo Andreas Sandner-Kiesling Dan Longrois
Trainee Council Representative Trainee Council Representative Chair ESA Academy Chair NASC