Join the Safe Anaesthesia For Everybody – Today (SAFE-T) Consortium, a global collaboration of industry and patient focused organisations committed to the advancement of patient safety and the https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2957572/?tool=pubmed
Alan Merry standards quoteIt is now more important than ever to promote the International Standards including, and perhaps most importantly, in areas around the world where they are most challenging due to shortages in workforce, infrastructure, medicines and equipment.
In order to be able to realise the International Standards for a Safe Practice of Anaesthesia we must first recognise that this is a collaborative effort across governments, industry, civil society and beyond, and also understand where and why they cannot be met. We must “map the gap” in access to safe anaesthesia and use this data to influence advancement in every hospital, and for every patient.
It is not possible for one organisation alone to collect the data needed or for one organisation alone to drive and influence change, and so the WFSA has launched the Safe Anaesthesia For Everybody – Today “SAFE-T” Campaign to unite individuals, industry and organisations behind a shared mission.
SAFE-T Consortium Goals
SAFE T postcard front cover 2The members of the SAFE-T Consortium will join with the 130 Member Societies of the WFSA, and together this global collaboration will:
1. Demonstrate our joint commitment to advancing patient safety and the International Standards for a Safe Practice of Anaesthesia
2. Share available data pertaining to meeting the International Standards globally
3. Identify opportunities to work collaboratively to improve the practice of and access to safe anaesthesia worldwide
How it works
Download and complete the SAFE-T Consortium application form and return it to email@example.com. Your organisation will then be considered and approved as a consortium member by the WFSA Board.
Be part of a consortium of forward thinking and active anaesthesia providers from around the world and get involved in global WFSA initiatives.
In return Consortium members will:
1. Receive updates from the WFSA and SAFE-T Consortium
2. Be publicly acknowledged to be a member of the Consortium and be recognised as a Consortium Member on the WFSA website
3. Make use of the SAFE-T Consortium Logo on relevant materials with permission from the WFSA*
4. Be invited to SAFE-T events at the WCA and Regional Congresses
5. Be able to participate in World Anaesthesia Day (16 October) campaigns and publicity
6. Be a part of poster campaigns at the WCA and Regional Congresses
7. Be invited to attend an annual SAFE-T Summit
SAFE-T Consortium Members